Re: Hemel, how far away are you

I can recall driving into Manhattan in the early 80's, around 5am.  I was
about an hour outside of town and saw an absolutely humongous fireball on
the horizon.  The first thought that came mind was "oh great, they've
nuked
New York" followed closely by "and I'm close enough to see it I'm
screwed!"
Turned out to be a refinery right next to the motorway.  Like looking into
the mouth of Hell seeing that absolutely raging inferno.

Seems like the injuries have been limited, thank goodness!