RE: [Semi-OT] DVR recommendations

  • Subject: RE: [Semi-OT] DVR recommendations
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:06:06 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 December 2005 15:39
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [Semi-OT] DVR recommendations

> I'm after some advice on an easy-to-use twin tuner DVR, for
> my parents!

I would recommend the Freeview digifusion FVRT200. My 'non-tech' parents
chose this, after a demo of the user interface in John Lewis. It has
crashed once in the 4 weeks they have had it, but they read the 12ish
page manual, and turned it off/on and fixed it themselves without a call
to me :)

The only downside is the remote is cheapish, with small buttons. It also
does not have a TUTV slot, or digital out.

I saw it has been highly rated in what hifi:

http://www.whathifi.co.uk/newsMainTemplate.asp?type=latestissue&newssectionI
D=7&storyID=179