RE: Streaming media players - new one and HELP!

>> Have an xbox, but don't really fancy using the xbox
>> controllers for media playback.
>
> You use the remote :P

ahhh....

>> I do have an xbox remote somewhere I think (unopened) but
>> that was never supported properly by XBMC last time I checked
>> (about a year ago granted).
>
> Lots happened since then.  Give it a try.

ok ;)

>> Hmm....maybe I should look at an xbox360 - or is it not worth it?
>
> No experience.  But assume it's not going to play DivX, XviD etc until
the
> hackers work it out?

good point.

If I do get it working of course, then I'll need to buy a second one - one
for the sprogs to play lego starwars on, which is only hauled out wnen
required, the other hidden away in node0 connected to the AV amp
etc.....unless - are there any wireless controllers for the xbox - either
RF or IR (since I have wired IR) so the single xbox could serve both
purposes (and games could be in glorious surround sound too) ?

cheers,

T.