Streaming media players - new one and HELP!

  • Subject: Streaming media players - new one and HELP!
  • From: "Tony Butler" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:44:37 -0000 (GMT)

Hi folks,

first - help!  My showcenter 1000 has completely locked up after I changed
the resolution to 1080i.  Does not respond to any remote commands, tried
hard resetting, leaving it turned off for a while etc etc.....nada :/
Powers up, shows the front screen, finds the server, but still will not
respond.

soo.....

a) Anyone got any ideas on things to try?
b) Alternatively, is there anything "better" available now?
c) Check this out - due in Jan '06 so end of Q1 I guess over here:
http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/Products/HDM5000U.aspx
It will even handle DVD menus for ripped DVD's - a holy grail for some.

I need something working definitely by the time Lost S2 re-starts in Jan,
but ideally before then since I have no access on my TV now to all my
ripped DVD's :/

c) looks very interesting, but is probably too far away.
An SC200 is an "obvious" successor to my 1000, but rarer than
hens teeth
at the moment.  Getting another SC1000 would see a bit "silly"
since they
are so old hat, so I guess my ideal is to get the old one working again
and then probably buy c) whenever it appears - unless anyone knows of
another viable option available today?

90% of it's use is movie/tv playback.

cheers,

tony