Re: X10 entertainment

  • Subject: Re: X10 entertainment
  • From: Martin Howell <martin.howell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:38:32 +0000

Hi Phil,

Managed to get the CM12 gubbins to work, its happily switching things on
and off as we speak (the new unit had a blown fuse, and it seems very
sensitive to the sequence for loading the USB drivers).  However, the
Active Home software supplied with the CM12 has some significant bugs -
it thinks that dawn is dusk, and vice versa, and it can't distinguish
between weekdays and weekends - it just sets times the same for all days
regardless, a major pain in the tail. I know there is other software
that can run these devices, but all I need to do is turn things on and
off at preset times, nothing more complex than that

Is there a more recent version available that fixes these bugs? The
version supplied is 1.42 which I presume is the most recent?  The Active
Home website seems to only be interested in CCTV cameras and has no
mention of the software.  Thanks.

Regards
Martin

Phil Harris wrote:

> [...]