Latest message you have seen: Magicbox IMP Adapt WiFi Internet Radio & Media Player

RE: Google Talk

I used to do exactly that a few years ago with MSN Messenger...

I wrote a plugin for Homeseer-MSN integration which used to send me IM's
from the house to notify me of certain events (burglar alarm arm/disarm,
doorbell press etc.), and also let me open a conversation back to the house
so that I could control Homeseer via IM's (run events, control devices,
check status etc.).

Then Microsoft went and changed the MSN API completely and rendered my
plugin completely inoperable... :-(
I never got around to learning the new API and trying to rewrite the
plugin... - ISTR the new API was much more restrictive and certain things I
used to do couldn't be done any more without getting into some heavy duty
programming...

Oh well, - that's progress for you I gues...

Paul G.