Latest message you have seen: Magicbox IMP Adapt WiFi Internet Radio & Media Player

Re: Re: Google Talk

On 24/08/05, Steve Edwards <steve@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Simon McCaughey <simonmcc@c...> wrote:
>
> > A couple of us have tried it, very "vanilla" - one
suggested more
> > "water" than vanilla. It has been uninstalled already.
>
> The thing to notice is that you don't have to use the gtalk client,
> it's designed from the start to be open.
>
> So if you don't like it you can use GAIM or Trillian or anything else.

True, but I can't see any benefit to make me switch. Believe me, if
anyone wants to switch to Google for IM, its me, I have been looking
forward to seeing googles IM, but its really not that exciting - yet.
But I will be keeping an eye on it......

Simon

--
You cannot possibly anticipate how stupid a user can be. Don't encourage
them.