Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Home_DIY_Rack_Wins_Creator_a_=A320K_Car?=

RE: [OT] Freeview boxes

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Freeview boxes
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:50:18 +0100

I've got the BT-badged version of the Netgem, which also had a habit of
freezing.

A plug-in time switch set to turn it off for 5 minutes in the wee small
hours soon sorted that one - it's been entirely reliable ever since.

Word of warning, though; if you use a time switch, get an electronic one
with a backup battery, not a mechanical one. A mechanical one will lose
time
if you have a power cut, resulting in the power being recycled at
completely
inappropriate times.

Steve

825261.2920218/D=groups/S=1705041992:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=>
1124576618/A=2889192/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org