Latest message you have seen: [OT] not for the squimish

Re: Geovision questions

  • Subject: Re: Geovision questions
  • From: "Geraint Williams" <aclcsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:29:09 -0000

Is yours the same version as this Paul ?

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/GVDSP-8.pdf

as you can see, it uses a 40pin IDE cable to link between the cpature=20
card and the DSP, and i need the IDE connector on the capture card to=20
go to the daughterboard if i want to run more than 4 cameras.

Cheers

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> I have the DSP8 card - very good and I feed it into my video dist=20
system and send it round using a load of Kat5 modules.
>=20
> Not sure about the ribbon cable bit though.
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
Behalf Of
> > Geraint Williams
> > Sent: 20 August 2005 14:20
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Geovision questions
> >=20
> > On this question of real time streaming, I was thinking that
maybe
> > the GV-DSP card would be suited, and then the outputs fed into a
> > modulator so that the cameras could be viewed realtime on=20
television
> > sets around the house rather than just PC's.
> >=20
> > If this is the case, then my problem would be that the GV650 I=20
have
> > has the 4 BNCs on board and then the rest need to be connected
to=20
the
> > daughterboard via the IDE cable, but if i use a GV-DSP, then
that=20
too
> > also uses the IDE connector and would appear i have two choices :
> >=20
> > 1) only use max 4 cameras plus GV-DSP card and can send modulated
> > output around tv system
> >=20
> > 2) use GV650 daughterboard and have upto 8 cameras, but no way of
> > linking in the GV-DSP card and therefore more restricted to pc's
> > being able to view.
> >=20
> >=20
> > I also have a nice Media Centre PC, and unsure best way to
have=20
that
> > access the cameras, preferably with control also.
> > The GV650 is not in this machine, and as i haven't used
remoteview
> > yet I'm not sure if this also has PTZ control available.
> > I really would of wanted as near to 25fps viewing from tv's or=20
local
> > LAN machines.
> >=20
> > I'm up in loft running cables as we speak to node0. Way too
hot=20
for
wrote:
> > > Not sure about the termination - they don't have any
physical
> > terminators.
> > >
> > > You can stream over the LAN in a number of ways. The first
is=20
using
> > the web viewer but this isn't in real time - but fairly quick.
The
> > second is to use the RemoteView LAN application. This is again=20
fairly
> > quick but I don't think it's 25fps - certainly not with several
> > cameras running. I think it all comes down to how many cameras
you
> > are monitoring at once and how many are being monitored by the=20
card
> > (for motion detection recording). The biggest factor is the
card=20
and
> > how many frames it's capable of dealing with.
> > >
> > > Paul.

On
> > Behalf Of

BT878=20
card
> > is getting

the=20
video
> > thru to
BT878=20
card so
> > I could)

> > another
perceviable
> > delay so
the=20
camera)

> > have to take
interlacing=20
artifacts.

---------------
----

href=3D"http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D12hk0l7de/M=3D362343.6886680.7839639.=
2
> > 9202
> > > >
> >=20
18/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:TM/Y=3DYAHOO/EXP=3D1124528293/A=3D2894350/R=3D=
0/SIG=3D1
> > 0tj5
a difference. Find and
> > fund world-