Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: unRaid - Media storage server solution

Re: Connect IR receivers to PC

Hi Mitch

A while back i purchased a xantech ir receiver to see if i could integrate
it into my FirM setup...
The output of the receiver appeared to have a very high impedance . I got
it
working in the end with the aid of a FirM receiver board as an interface ,
but obviously not very cost effective.......

I have built an opto isolated board for a few FirM Jr / KAT5 users and the
xantech receiver worked quite well when connected to this ,some additional
circuitry required eg pic micro and you would have  ir rx zoning.........

Would highly recommend (as suggested offlist) using the USB UIRT for
sending
/ receiving ir if using a pc based ha system....you can use xPL or Girder
control it ,or if you wish to write your own app contact Jon Rhees for the
relevent info.....

HTH
Frank