Re: Web server access

  • Subject: Re: Web server access
  • From: "Pete Shew" <pslists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:47:20 +0100

Yet another response. I have used orenosp on a Windows box with success.
This is a free (secure) reverse proxy - set up like Mark Harrison's reverse
proxy example or with different domain names, but can also allow your port
80 web servers to be accessed as if they were https servers for improved
security.

To get different domain names you could use a dynamic DNS service, e.g.
DynDNS, or just make an entry in the client's host table. The server
doesn't have to know its own domain, the web browser sends the information
in the request.

Pete