Re: Re: Asterisk weirdness

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 23:28 +0100, James Fidell wrote:

James / Patrick,

Thanks for the responses. I was rather hoping that this was a "known
problem", and that there was a global setting that I just needed to
change.

Mark's theory - every program has a configuration setting that basically
has two options:

operation=workperfectly
operation=breakallthetime

The trouble is, programmers haven't standardised on the
"operation"
terminology, and tend to call it different things :-)

> May also be worth checking that your Sipura has the latest firmware
> installed, and perhaps installing ngrep on the asterisk box so you can
> track what's going on with the SIP packets.

I updated the SPA-841 about a month ago, and the SPA-2000 on Monday to
the latest versions. I'll double-check whether there's an even newer
version on the 841.

> I've been doing some work recently coding up a VoIP->PSTN switch
that
> accepts calls from both Asterisk and SIP Express Router and do
> sometimes
> see this sort of problem, but not regularly enough to be able to track
> down the cause.

In some ways reassuring that you have seen similar problems, then. If
truth be told, it's not a huge issue - in normal life, I tend not to
make consecutive internal calls to an extension within a minute :-) But
it's the kind of thing that shows up bigtime in testing.

> It feels like somehow the SPA2000 registration is being
> forgotten about, but I can't see why.

I'm wondering whether it's an SPA-841 issue. The SPA-2000 can make
another call immediately, after all.... ho hum, the struggle continues.

> James

Mark