Re: Re: Asterisk weirdness

Quoting Patrick Lidstone (patrick@xxxxxxx):

> > My problem seems to be that calls don't terminate immediately,
but
> > instead seem to time out.
>
> I don't have any great insight to offer on this specific issue, but
> since the problem seems to be related to your SIP hard phone you could
> try:
>
> sip debug
>
> to see if that sheds any light.
>
> You could also try adding
> qualified=yes
> in the asterisk SIP config for the hardphone. This will tell asterisk
> to keep a close eye on the phone's registration state and may help
> things along the way.
>
> Finally, does the hard phone itself keep an event log? Look for call
> termination/registration issues around the time you hang up, and
> compare to a "successful" call termination if you are able
to generate
> one some how.

May also be worth checking that your Sipura has the latest firmware
installed, and perhaps installing ngrep on the asterisk box so you can
track what's going on with the SIP packets.

I've been doing some work recently coding up a VoIP->PSTN switch that
accepts calls from both Asterisk and SIP Express Router and do sometimes
see this sort of problem, but not regularly enough to be able to track
down the cause.  It feels like somehow the SPA2000 registration is being
forgotten about, but I can't see why.

James