Re: Re: [OT] : Affordable housing competition

Damn - I thought housing that ugly had been left back in the 70's. What
a bunch of unimaginative crap.

<rant>

I'm firmly of the belief, (and heading rapidly off-topic) that the
solution to housing "problems" isn't to build ever smaller rabbit
hutch
starter homes, but to flood the higher end of the market with spacious
detached properties. The price of the smallest houses will probably
always float up to the level that the average first time buyer can just
about afford, so by building "affordable" housing all we do is
fill the
country with undesirable micro-huts for everyone to live in. On the
other hand, if we were to build sufficient large houses for the top end
of the market, that would depress prices from above. The long-term
result of that would still be a bottom end that was only just within
reach of a first time buyer, but that bottom end would consist of decent
sized family homes instead of pokey hovels.

</rant>

Time to think outside the (Barratt) box, perhaps.

Mal