Fw: KAT5 Mark2 - Now Available - New Distribution & Manufacturer!

  • Subject: Fw: KAT5 Mark2 - Now Available - New Distribution & Manufacturer!
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:07:29 +0100

Good grief, people - leave it out !=20

I'm not comparing features - I'm comparing cost - it IS more than double=20
for me, but it seems this may have been a one-off special for me.
Instead=20
of jumping down my throat, and inferring all sorts of nastyness, how about=
=20
a mature discussion ?

I love my KAT5, and I'm ordering more. Keith has been extremely helpful in=
=20
assisting me with my projector weirdness for KAT5 use. It's a great=20
product. Dont even think for a moment my "one-liner" was
derogatory or=20
flippant - I'm not cancelling my pre-orders.

Well done Keith on the Mk2 units - I look forward to the switcher.=20

G.

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

=20
----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 01/08/2005 10:55 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 09:37

.
Subject:
.
RE: [ukha_d] KAT5 Mark2 - Now Available - New Distribution &
Manufacturer!
.
Category:

> The price has more than doubled !

Gareth.  Seems to me the Mark2 has a wealth of feature additions over the
Mark1.  The unit is also obviously produced on a commercial basis, rather
than someone's "hobby".

It's now CE approved.  It now has IR.  It's now available in stock from
retailers with Credit Card facilities etc.=20

Nearest similar rival I can see is the Keene unit at almost =A3100 more!

It would be nice to celebrate the huge success of a list member bringing=20
his
product to this sort of level, rather than the crass one line price=20
comment.

M.

=20