Latest message you have seen: Re: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: Cheapest way to acheive RAID5 ?

  • Subject: RE: Cheapest way to acheive RAID5 ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:34:02 +0100

Lee,

Indestructible no, but it should be more resilient? Obviously with two
disks failing at the same time you're stuffed but you shouldn't lose the
lot from a single failure, should you?
I guess buying n+1 disks initially will then give you an spare for
instant replacement on failure of the first drive and good spares
management would mean you'd then buy a new spare to replace the one
you've just installed (and hope you don't get another failure 'til it's
delivered).

Have I interpreted that right?

Cheers,

Tim.