RE: [OT]ish suction moulding machine?

  • Subject: RE: [OT]ish suction moulding machine?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:31:15 +0100

Hi Paul,

I think the machine in your link is for the second part of the process
(injecting the atmosphere and sealing the packet) and not for moulding
the initial container.

MAP normally refers to the "modified atmosphere" (gas) inside the
packet, rather than the packaging itself (although the container is
important). It's not an area I work in, but my company is involved, see:
http://www.airproducts.com/Products/Equipment/FoodFreezers/YourFoodProce
sses/specs_freshline.htm

Our gas, coupled with the machine in your link, stops the food going off
and thus preserves it's shelf-life.

However, from my shady school-days memory, the description of your
"plywood with lots of holes and a vacuum cleaner" is spot on :-)

Cheers,

Tim.