Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: Re: DIN Enclosure for CBus modules NOW Part P Registration

  • Subject: RE: Re: DIN Enclosure for CBus modules NOW Part P Registration
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:52:09 +0100

Neil
=20
This is wording i was looking for - lifted straight from NICEIC Part P
Q&A'=
http://www.niceic.org.uk/partp/partpqs.html
=20

Will I be able to have my electrical work certified as compliant with
Building Regulations by other than a building control body?
=09

As the Building Act under which the Building Regulations are formed
recognizes only those who actually carry out work to be competent to
self-certify, it is understood that third party certification (by other
tha=
a building control body) will not be acceptable under the provisions of
Par=
P.
=09
So as far as i can see - you cant Part P someone elses installation. Anyone
doing this is probably not complying.
=20
This of course may be wrong as this is the NICEIC's interpretation, though
=
have read the same within the IEE Wiring matters newsletter.
=20
=20
=20

Dean.