Re: Re: Jreceiver...

Richard Malcolm-Smith wrote:

>>>I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of JRec users
are on
>>>linux.
>>

>>There is a Windows-based application called xPLRioNet that is being
developed by Tony Tofts at the moment - it may be a better option for those
looking for a Windows-based solution - see www.xplhal.com for details.

>>It's currently in beta, but is being actively developed and
discussed over on the ukha_xpl list.

>>It's features include:
>>- Support for Rio, Exstreamer, SliMP3 and Media MVP*
>>- Built-in customisable web interface

This does look promising, it scans heaps quicker.

But it wont boot :(

But the rio just sits on searching for music server. I posted to the
Jreciever
list about an issue from there archives where someone with a stickered dell
player had it use a slightly different discovery packet. I think that mine
is
the same, and it looks like its not being descovered by the reciever when
it starts.

Following ports are in use by the xplrionet service

C:\>netstat -a -o

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
TCP    rich-mp3-1:8080        rich-mp3-1.home.local:0  LISTENING       2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:sunrpc      *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:3865        *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:4963        *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:12078       *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:21075       *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:21077       *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:21078       *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:50000       *:*                                    2584
UDP    rich-mp3-1:50001       *:*                                    2584

Is that all it should have?