Re: Collect Point

  • Subject: Re: Collect Point
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:28:19 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark McCall" <lists@a...> wrote:
> Just noticed this on the Malpins site...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/43hue
>
> Seems a good idea.  Anyone tried it?
>
> M.

We looked at a number of schemes like this (in a previous role).

The fundamental problem is that if we (as a merchant) deliver to an
address other than the registered address of the card holder, then the
credit card acquirer can use this to transfer the fraud risk onto the
merchant.

In fact, we ended up supporting non-registered addresses, but only
after subsequent verification - if you order from Comet, say, then you
will get a phone call later to ask WHY it's being delivered not to
your home, and have to be able to persuade the call centre operator
that there's a valid reason.

Mark