RE: Master / Slave for CD-ROM ??

  • Subject: RE: Master / Slave for CD-ROM ??
  • From: "ho yin ng" <yahoogroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:43:20 +0100

No not necessarily.

It would depend on whether on the jumper settings on the CD-Rom drive you
have set it to cable select, master or slave.

As for Lees' experience I cannot comment, all I know is over the weekend I
tried to install windows XP on a rebuilt machine and had to move my CD-Rom
from the secondary channel slave position to master before it could be seen
in my boot settings and I could boot from it.

Regards,

Ho yin

_____