From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 September 2004 10:42
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Vehicle Tracking

This is something that I have a passing interest in for my personal use,
since I have a (sort of) company car (not technically, but this is a tax
thing)... Anyway, I need to record business and private mileage seperately
which currently is a pretty manual process (and a boring one too), that
seems should be ripe for automation.

I have an iPaq based satnav system in the car, but this doesn't offer any
form of journalling of trips made.

What I would like is a system that when I turn it on, first prompts me with
a very simple 2-option question of "business" or
"private". Thereafter it
records the "vital statistics" of each journey made (i.e. date,
time &
location of setting off, date, time & location of arrival, distance
travelled etc.) and logs this away somewhere, either in a pocket Access DB,
or an XLS or CSV file, which I can then upload at the end of every month
and

query...

This would be in addition to performing the usual satnav duties....

Is there any pocket PC satnav software that offers such a feature?

TIA

Paul G.