RE: speaker connections that can interrupt ceiling speakers..??

  • Subject: RE: speaker connections that can interrupt ceiling speakers..??
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:56:10 +0100

Hmmmm, not sure on the technical bits :-)
I've implemented such a solution here at the barn but it relies on manually
patching the amps to a different outlet. See the patch here:
http://tinyurl.com/3rzg4
Having said that I'm so impressed with my Sonance in ceiling speakers I
don't envisage ever using the wall outlets for floorstanders.
The other solution would be to use more than one zone in a whole house set
up to feed the same room switching or linking the zones. But that's a
little
luxurious :-)
Lastly a simple a/b speaker selector in-wall in the zone/room in question
would achieve the result, or just let both speakers produce sound.
But...Perhaps there's a techniflab solution :-)

Many thanks

Rob