USB UIRT / FirM Jr

  • Subject: USB UIRT / FirM Jr
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:28:49 +1000

Hi All
Today i received my USB UIRT from the states and was quite
surprized how small the device actually is......Downloaded the drivers and
also purchased / downloaded  Girder Software and had a play..........
Only been playing for a couple of hours and im really impressed ...Still
havent got my head round the Girder software.....

One of the reasons for purchasing the USB UIRT was to try it out with my
FirM Jr (ir peater )hardware as it has provision to for another device to
inject ir......
Was reasonably confident that it would work as another FirM User was using
the USB UIRT ....
But  as well as working as a straight repeater i was hoping that the USB
UIRT could transmit a  ir signal in response to receiving a signal.....My
thoughts were the signals  would collide...

Anyway  there is provision to insert a delay before any action (sending ir)
happens (up to 500ms) and this solves the problem of the signals
colliding....So i press vol up on my ha remote and the USB UIRT / Girder
combo send out a vol up (different signal) to my 3 zone amp ;-))..........

Theres currently a xPL Plugin being written for the USB UIRT
...............and hopefully when my beta tester gets his FirM Jr kit there
will be a little review in 4 to 6  weeks time.....
More Soon
Frank