OT - Wanted - recording studio

  • Subject: OT - Wanted - recording studio
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:43:34 -0000

Hi all,

I know that a few UKHAers work in the recording biz... 15 years ago, I
would have done this myself, but the whole Hard Disk recording
revolution passed me, my AKGs, and my DAT decks by :-)

I should stress that this is a straightforward commercial deal - in no
way am I looking for a freebie here...

A friend of mine is looking for a recording studio to help with
production of a set of (audio-only) CDs.

The subject material is talking only, a combination of single-voice
and interview.

The studio would need to help them through the whole process:

- Recording (they will provide a "producer", but the studio would
need
to provide an engineer)

- Editing, probably working with the producer to simply cut and splice
segments together, and maybe provide and add some (royalty-free) music.

- Batch production, probably a couple of hundred sets initially, each
set containing 4-6 CDs (they're still working on the synopsis).

Location isn't terribly important. The people who will be
talking/interviewed live a fair way apart, and are able/willing to travel.

If anyone is able to help, please email me off-list (Mark AT ascentium
DOT co DOT uk), WITHOUT the letters UKHA_D in the subject line. If you
leave them in, my mail rules will file your message away and I may not
see it for a while :-)

Regards,

Mark