Re: Netgear ADSL wireless NAS router - YES NAS

  • Subject: Re: Netgear ADSL wireless NAS router - YES NAS
  • From: "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:13:56 -0000

oooh!  I want one! I want one!  I'm guessing that they will cost a=20
packet though... any ideas on pricing?  Sounds like a good=20
solution!  And webcam monitoring to boot!

Plus a sexy LCD to 'spice up the rack' (read purdy pretty lights!).

Matt

P.S

The 1000 model looks good but the 2000 has SATA which is more useful=20
and upgradable.... any cahnce of a few free samples (strictly for=20
demo purposes! ;))

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "John Andrews" <groups@j...> wrote:
> Matt
>=20
> Cheers for the link - I also found the following sexy little=20
number (it has
> RAID 5 - oh yes)
>=20
> http://www.crystalio.com/download/SednarANA-brochure.pdf
- PDF
>=20
> Available from the same people that do the sweetspot hdtv card=20
around
> November.
>=20
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=20

up=20
> > 2 external hard drives... the beauty of it is that its hackable -
> > one guy even has it running an iTunes server!  Link for the hacks
> > etc is below:
> >
> > http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article85.php
> >
> > Oh and its only about =A350!
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > P.S
> >
> > I'm thinking about getting one at some point, but i've had
some=20
bad

<groups@j...>=20
wrote:
> > > Netgear known for their elcheapo kit have released an
ADSL=20
router
> > that can
> > > take a USB hard drive and then become a NAS box.
> > >
> > > More:
> > >
> > > http://www.netgear.co.uk/html/prod_routers_wireless.htm#wgt634u
> > >
> > > It is only =A380 quid too!
> > >
> > > No association etc, but if anyone buys one and gets it
working
> > before it
> > > blows up (Netgear were renowned for shipping incorrect
voltage
> > PSU's with
> > > their routers causing them to blow up), please post a
review.