Latest message you have seen: Automated Home - Latest Forum Posts

Wireless LAN and Wireless X10/Home Automation

Folks, I'm currently using Misterhouse,  with W800RF to communicate with
Hawkeye PIRs.  I've just got a laptop with built-in wireless LAN and so
thinking about buying something to allow me to connect this to my house
LAN/switches without needing cables. Currently, the LAN is two 8port
switches
(one Belkin one Netgear).

So, if I go down this route are there likely to be RF conflicts, with one
upsetting the other, second what would people suggest, I'm happy to swap
one
of the switches to a new switch that is wireless capable if thats the right
route, or get some thing else.  I dont have broadband as the exchange wont
be
enabled until Jun '05 but again would be happy to prebuy in anticipation of
that. Btw my server (MH, printing, ISDN sharing, Slimserver) is Mandrake
9.1
but happy to leave this on a wire to save cost.

Any advice gratefully received, regards, robin
--
cottage: www.rainbowsend-cott.co.uk