Latest message you have seen: Automated Home - Latest Forum Posts

RE: OT : Anyone know much about HP Laserjet 5Si under Windows XP?

  • Subject: RE: OT : Anyone know much about HP Laserjet 5Si under Windows XP?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:56:02 +0100

> <uninformed rambling>

No worries with uninformed rambling - it's often a good way of just
thrashing through thoughts and ideas. :-D

> It may be to do with the amount of memory or the processor
> speed in the printer,

The 5Si's are usually pretty quick themselves, a good solid 24 pages per
minute - also has 4Mb RAM built onto its mobo and a 4Mb SIMM added to it
which is more than enough to build up a couple of pages in memory. Crucial
still list the memory for the 5Si (both 16 and 32 Mb SIMMs) and I'll
probably chuck in a couple of 32's in the end.

> using HP/GL2 windows will send drawing primitives to the
> printer, so the printer would need to build the image itself

<<SNIP>>

> applications, but I would expect raster to have an easier
> time of matching the windows wysiwyg image.
> </uninformed rambling>
>
> Somebody please correct me if the above is complete twoddle.
> Cheers
>
> Alan Shields

I'm sure someone will if it is... :-D

Phil