Latest message you have seen: Re: Strong stick no-residue tape

[OT] - Video Messaging

I'd like to set up a webcam link within the family and just trying to
figure out the best approach.

The rest of the family have a mix of AOL services and more regular
ISP (in my case we are NTL Cable so not going AOL!).  I know AOL has
a video messaging service built in and you can get microsoft
messenger.  So to my questions:

- If I use Microsoft messenger (i.e. load up the software) do I also
have to sign up for MSN messenger service to make it work? (Not
blindingly obvious from the Microsoft site!)

- Can AOL messenger interoperate with Microsoft?

- Is there a better way altogether of achieving this (remembering
that we only want to connect to 2-3 other family members but only one
at a time)?

- Finally, and to get it back on topic, can such services be used to
connect to other cameras (such as my front door) for remote
monitoring?

Thanks

Richard