Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

Re: [OT] unwanted Toolbar

the reason i would trust firefox more than IE is not to do with the
fact one is more secure than the other, it's the speed at which any
holes would be patched. In the case of firefox when the vulnerability
in 0.10 PR was found, it was a matter of hours until a 0.10.1 release
was available fixing the problem

maintaining your software is the key to keeping yourself safe.

SP2 makes IE a shade better, but it's still bloated and lacks the
features and speed of firefox. i would personally recommend moving all
your machines to SP2, all the hype over program incompatibilities has
been with very obscure products, i have had no problems and haven't
even heard any horror stories

Scott

wrote:

>  To be fair most companies use IE because "it's what came with
Windows"
> rather than "it's the safest browser available".
>
> Firefox isn't 100% secure, no software is. But the facts (non-MS ones)
do
> seem to back Firefox. And yes, I do use both.
>
> Quote "The Mozilla Foundation continues to have a very strong
track record
> on security. According to Secunia, an independent security monitoring
> organization, Firefox currently has 1 open security issue, out of a
total of
> 13 security advisories filed in 2003 and 2004. 0% of these are
labelled
> "extremely critical", 15% are labelled "highly
critical". For the same
> period, Secunia lists 16 open security issues out of 44 advisories for
> Internet Explorer 6.0, 14% of which are labelled "extremely
critical" 34%
> are "highly critical". "
>
> Lee

Plus