RE: [OT] Disk imaging (again)

Hi Peter,

I use one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35057&TabID=1&source=15&Wor
ldID=&doy=22m10

or alternatively:

http://tinyurl.com/6faqp

to make images to a bunch of external 120GB disks, and IIRC the last
time I did one I was getting a 10GB partition, with 6GB of data on it,
into a 2GB image file, and it was taking about 10-15 minutes to do it...

Paul G.

The
> > problem
> > is that the source disks only have 4-8GB of data on them, so
ideally
> I'd
> > like something a bit more logical in doing the copy.  I know data
can
> be
> > scattered all over the disk, but we will get the users to do a
defrag
> > first,
> > so it shouldn't be too bad.  Does anyone have any suggestions in
terms
> of
> > good disk imaging app? We're using USB2-IDE to actually connect
the
> > drives.
> >
> > Thanks, and sorry about the OT post.
> >

> > Pete

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a3257g/M=283686.4531047.5839501.4420029/
D=
> gr

oups/S=1705041992:HM/EXP=1098547145/A=2044486/R=0/SIG=10svm8ftb/*http://
ww
> w.
> theironshop.com> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=283686.4531047.5839501.4420029/D=group
s/
> S=
> :HM/A=2044486/rand=565670883>
>
>    _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service
.