RE: New UK CBUS Owners Mailing List / Yahoo Group

  • Subject: RE: New UK CBUS Owners Mailing List / Yahoo Group
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:16:52 +0100

Please no.

>  the UK CBUS owners I've
> been speaking to would like a place to discuss their kit and
> its issues in relative 'quietness' without having to wade
> through all the OT stuff.

I'd vote for keeping it here. IMHO the volume of CBus posts doesn't
warrant a separate list, and unlike some of the other spin-off lists
that were created, (again IMHO) CBus is core Home Automation. The
previous spin-off groups, at creation, were accounting for maybe 100
emails a day, so were rightly taken off to one side.

Perhaps those wishing to discuss Cbus exclusively could manually prefix
the subject line of their posts with [CBUS] in the same way as we do for
[OT]. That'd let those interested solely in CBus to use email filtering
rules to direct relevant emails to the correct folder. They can then bin
or otherwise the non-CBus mails as they see fit.

Or, as Mark suggests, move it to the relevant area on the A-H Forum. I'm
a mailing-list man myself so would like to see it stay here but if it
does move, IMHO, it should go there.

> Again I'm not trying to start a flame war here and I still
> fully intend to contribute to this group when and where I can
> but I must admit wading through all the OT posts is becoming a pain.

Might you consider a mail rule to filter out anything with [OT] in the
subject ? You won't catch it all, but I reckon you'd filter out a large
proportion of the stuff you don't want to read.

Just my 2p :-)

Cheers,

Tim H.

+