Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Asus EeePC rival - Everex CloudBook

RE: OT: Rubbing down for cinema paint

  • Subject: RE: OT: Rubbing down for cinema paint
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:16:56 +0100

Yup,

Flour paper is indeed a very fine sandpaper. He was not pulling you leg.
It is possible the guy was using "wet and dry" was it black or
red oxide in
colour by any chance?
Using 2000g wetndry with a little soapy water will provide you with the
finish you want. But work down through the grades as it will take you a
long
time with just 2000g!
I would start with 320g and then go to 800g, 1200g and finally 2000g for
the
polish. Having said that 2000g will give you a mirror smooth finish so
might
be overkill!

HTH

Rob