Re: Amp recommendations

  • Subject: Re: Amp recommendations
  • From: "John Nye" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:30:39 +0100

Hi Tony,

I've been looking around for a home cinema system and decided on a Pioneer
AX5i for the amp - should be with me tomorrow! Also looked at the Denon
3805
which also looked good.

One reason for going this way was that I had decided on a Pioneer 868 DVD
(which is also arriving tomorrow) that interfaces via i-link (firewire) to
the amp.

And why the pioneer DVD? - the HDMI link to the Panasonic PT-AE700
projector
that arrived today (decided I couldn't justify a DLP).

Oh and the speakers - thinking of KEF 2005-2 (SWMBO wants something fairly
unobtrusive as the room has other uses and is quite small).

Could be a few weeks though before I get it all together (lots of work to
convert the cinema room).

My first adventure into home cinema so just hope I've got it right!!

Found http://www.avforums.com/
(lots of info) and
http://www.homecinemachoice.com
(lots of reviews of kit) very useful.