Latest message you have seen: Re: Country bumpkin seeks fast internet connection

RE: Re: TiVo/alternatives

  • Subject: RE: Re: TiVo/alternatives
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:50:23 -0000

I have a Thomsom DHD400 PVR (OK it doesn't have a DVD writer) but it has an
EPG and it's great *APART FROM* the lack of season passes which really is
what sets TiVo apart from a "dumb" PVR. One of the wow factor
bits of TiVos
functionality is the ability to get it to record a whole series of a
progra=
and that seems lacking on the current set of PVRs. Hopefully not beyond the
realms of possibility to implement in a firmware update though.

Phil