Re: Impedances of SP/DIF (distributrion)

  • Subject: Re: Impedances of SP/DIF (distributrion)
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:24:03 -0000

Thanks for this - I may give it a go.

It's also been suggested to me that Sky boxes only output TOSLINK, not
SP/DIF, so I may need to do some bearer conversion. Does anyone have a
Sky+ box to check?

Finally, on the IRC channel (irc://irc.nixhelp.org/ukha) it was
suggested that a composite video matrix switch may sort out the
problem for me. These are a few hundred, which is within budget,
wheras things sold as SP/DIF switches seem to come in at a couple of
thousand and up.

M.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Jon Whiten" <jon@w...> wrote:
> If it was me I would try building a passive splitter with 3 100 ohm
> resistors and some plugs/sockets:
>

>        +--\/\100R/\/----o  Proc 1
>
> SKY o--+--\/\100R/\/----o  Proc 2
>
>        +--\/\100R/\/----o  Proc 3
>

> And common all 4 grounds.  Then see what happens.  [The 100R
Resistors are