RE: Occupancy Detection

  • Subject: RE: Occupancy Detection
  • From: "Jonathan Twyford" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:19:12 -0000

Frank

> Not yet ;-)....When i was an apprentice back in the seveties ( in
N.I.)  i
> use to buy components from them....When i joined the list and people
posted
> emails referring to Craplins i thought there was another component
dist ;-))

Well I am surprised I haven't been blocked from the list for mentioning
them :-)

> Are you using them for Occupancy detection ???

In a way I am. I am experimenting with my own system, If it is not
triggered for 10 minutes the PIC it interfaces to reports that there is
no one present. So where it is positioned facing my desk it will pick up
my motion but further then 4 meters away it can be a bit hit and miss
depending on the amount of motion. I am currently trying to find a
sensor I heard about that works off body temperature rather then PIR
motion.

Jon