Re: Occupancy Detection

Hi Jon

> Hasn't Maplins world domination of the world reached Oz yet ;-)

Not yet ;-)....When i was an apprentice back in the seveties ( in N.I.)  i
use to buy components from them....When i joined the list and people posted
emails referring to Craplins i thought there was another component dist
;-))

> The range of them is not that good, I would say up to 4 meters to be
> reliable with small amounts of motion, but within that distance I
can't
> fault them. I have one that covers my desk, and it is constantly
> triggering even when I am just typing at my computer.

Are you using them for Occupancy detection ???

Frank

> > Thats good to hear .....Since im based inMelbourne ( Oz)  its
easier
> > source from Ozitonics...
>

> Hasn't Maplins world domination of the world reached Oz yet ;-)
>
> > Are they sensitive Jon ???
>
> The range of them is not that good, I would say up to 4 meters to be
> reliable with small amounts of motion, but within that distance I
can't
> fault them. I have one that covers my desk, and it is constantly
> triggering even when I am just typing at my computer.
>
> Jon

Occupancy
> > detection  at times .....Im thinking of using a little 5v pir
head
> and
> > connect it into my Probe system (no need for further
wiring)....The
> > Probe
> > system normally reports the status of Probes when
"Requested" this
> > obviously
> > isnt suitable ...so i intend to dedicate Probe 6 in each Zone for
> > "Occupancy
> > Pir" and then continually Poll probe 6 on each zone and
report back to
> > Homevision / xPL via the i/o and serial interfaces the status of
each
> > pir....
> > and hopefully i will have a more reliable Occupancy detection
> > system....So
> > im hoping the little pir heads are quite sensitive..
> >
> > Check out the link for the little pir heads...under security and
> > survellience part number k76
> > http://www.ozitronics.com/
> >
> > More Soon
> > Frank
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bshral/M=283686.4531047.5839501.4420029/

D=groups/S=1705041992:HM/EXP=1100985703/A=2044486/R=0/SIG=10svm8ftb/*htt
> > p:/www.theironshop.com> click here
> >

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=283686.4531047.5839501.4420029/D=group
> > s/S=:HM/A=2044486/rand=721113613>
> >
> >   _____
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > *         To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >
> > *         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >
> > *         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
> > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
 Service.

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129n3hi0e/M=283686.4531047.5839501.4420029/

D=groups/S=1705041992:HM/EXP=1100989339/A=2044486/R=0/SIG=10svm8ftb/*htt