Occupancy Detection

  • Subject: Occupancy Detection
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:21:43 +1100

Hi All
Im currently using my security pirs for Security  and Occupancy
detection but find that they are not responsive enough for Occupancy
detection  at times .....Im thinking of using a little 5v pir head  and
connect it into my Probe system (no need for further wiring)....The Probe
system normally reports the status of Probes when "Requested"
this obviously
isnt suitable ...so i intend to dedicate Probe 6 in each Zone for
"Occupancy
Pir" and then continually Poll probe 6 on each zone and report back to
Homevision / xPL via the i/o and serial interfaces the status of each
pir....
and hopefully i will have a more reliable Occupancy detection system....So
im hoping the little pir heads are quite sensitive..

Check out the link for the little pir heads...under security and
survellience part number k76
http://www.ozitronics.com/

More Soon
Frank