Re: PIR cabling and C-Bus Cabling

> Just run solid Cat5e everywhere - very cheap - very reliable.
>
> You can use it for your CBUS if you wish rather than the pink stuff
they
> sell.

You can use ordinary cat5e everywhere EXCEPT where you need to take cat5e
into any 240v
box - ie where your dimmers are. All cables in there should have shielding
rated for 240v,
and the pink stuff complies. Ordinary cat5 doesn't.

I've used mostly ordinary cat5e, with all switches cabled back to a box
with nothing but
cbus cat5 joins. Then a single pink cat5 runs into the dimmer boxes.

CBus PIRs are supposed to use cat5 for its low loss features, as with all
cbus units. I've
used stranded security cable for all non-CBus PIRs for the reasons others
have mentioned.

Paul