Latest message you have seen: Re: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

Re: Cheap cctv camera cards- Question

  • Subject: Re: Cheap cctv camera cards- Question
  • From: "gearboxgraeme" <gkjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:42:07 -0000

Just had a quick look at the one in my pc ( a 450mhz dual p2 Xeon,
running win2k, supervisioncam and three cameras, 2 doing movement
detection ).

The card you refer to and the one in the ebay listing are different.
Mine has a green surface area.

Supplier is the same though. Take a look at ebay item 5731752268 for
one of the same cards. This is identical to mine and has a brooktree
878 chip on board.

For reference we use four single input video cards at work for the
same job. I got them for 30quid each from pc-world, but had to scan
the boxes to find out which ones used the bt chipset. ( they say on
the box if they do ).

Graeme

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Campbell Macdonald" <c.macd@b...>
wrote:
> Thanks Graeme and Jim for your help....I had a check at the onboard
chip
> and it is an Xview xcel 2003 chip.....50fps according to the
> manufacturer.....I did try the sound in unsuccesfully...but not had
time
> to play with it as yet..
>
> As Graeme noted the software isn't the easiest.....well OK if I
don't
> want to stream via internet....
>
> The manufacturer link is here :
> http://www.jmk.com.cn/ey/productShow.asp?id=364
>
> The ebay supplier was venicepaco
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
> <http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5727269083>
> &item=5727269083 who advised the card was incorrectly
supplied...should