RE: External conduits

  • Subject: RE: External conduits
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:54:40 -0000

Quinten,

Sounds like a good idea. There should be no problems with the cables as
long as you have no joints in any of the external parts of the cables.

At the bottom remember to put in a drip loop. That is make sure the
cables slope downwards as they exit the building otherwise water could
find its way along the cable into the building. By putting a small loop
in the cable water will collect at the lowest point and 'drip' off.

You need to respect the bending radii of the cables as well...

Remember to use the normal method of calculation, list everything you
need and then double it ;-)

You should not run mains cable in this, you implied it was only signal
cables.

Lightning protection should not be required...

HTH

Nigel