RE: Node 0 layout ?

  • Subject: RE: Node 0 layout ?
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:31:50 -0000

Nigel

Great pictures, thanks. Your node0 looks massive.. bigger than our machine
room here at
work !!

The size of my node0 is roughly 4ft square and about 11ft high. All walls
are (old) brick
and the doorway takes up most of one wall. The floor is solid stone so
unless I want to
step up into the cupboard, I don't think a raised floor is the way to go :)
Besides with
it being a solid floor my wires are having to enter the room by holes in
either the
wall or ceiling.

I don't think the size of room warrants using hanging trays, but where did
you source the
wall trays from.. where they expensive ?

I totally agree about trying to keep AC and Data cable apart, that's why
I'm trying to
"design" where I put the cable routes.

Marcus

> From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxx>
> Marcus,
>
> If you look at commercial installations they tend to use raised floors
which allow
> cables to be routed straight up into cabinets. In my > > last
place of work the
> raised floor was about 1 metre off the actual floor to allow for
Power, Cat5,
> Fibre, DC etc. and it was still crowded in there... However, yo my
knowledge
> no domestic node 0 has a raised floor, yet ?
>
> My advice would be to do what BT used to do, that is install racking /
tray
> or basket above the equipment and cable down. Of course either way you
need
> more than 6ft of head room...
>
> I have installed two levels of ceiling mounted cable routes, a lower
tray for
> Data / RF and DC and a higher level for AC Supply in trunking. This is
in Trunking
> to help reduce any unwated Electro Magnetic Interferance. AC power
from the tunking
> is routed down in flexible conduit. The other cables are just bundled.
>
> I also have a wall where I have located my AC Distribution board for
the house,
> this is supplied with  75x75 (3"x3") trunking from one side
and along the lower
> middle. with Traywork feeding in from the top. Again the idea is to
minimise any
> chance of Mains AC being near DC / Data Cabling.
>
> Just in case you haven't seen the photos you can see them here..
>
> http://photos.corbenic.co.uk/photos/photo_163.html
Traywork suspended from ceiling

> http://photos.corbenic.co.uk/photos/photo_178.html
Wall showing split between AC and
>  Data Cables. Note boxes that require access to both between Tray and
Tunking.