Re: fire proofing node0 ?

  • Subject: Re: fire proofing node0 ?
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:46:15 -0000

Ho yin,

Thanks for the info.. I'll check out the link during my lunch hour.

20min fire protection for plasterboard is about what I've heard.. but not
sure double boarding it would cause it to fail quicker, unless its to
do with heat build up or maybe the extra weight ?

regarding the door.. its an old solid wood door so I suspect its a much
better
fire door than any new door would be. The idea isn't really to 100%
fireproof the
room.. just make sure it keeps the stair landing in tact long enough for us
escape safely.

At the end of the day, I hope all this is wasted effort and I never have to
put it to the text :)

Marcus