RE: [OT] Netgem freeview lockups and Tivo

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Netgem freeview lockups and Tivo
  • From: "Crick, Steve (UK)" <steve.crick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:04:41 +0000

I am not sure if this helps, but Netgem have been beta testing a
software update.

It seems to include a fix for the stand-by problem. I don't use my BT
Netgem box with my TiVo so I don't suffer from this problem, and I have
not tested this update as it is not available for the BT box.

Details at http://forum.netgem.com/viewtopic.php?t=2207

Steve

Headlines of update:

This will be an optional upgrade, though we encourage everyone to
download it.

Digital Terrestrial

Spurious tuner errors fix
Better reception in bad conditions
General stability improvements (no more slowdowns, even when the  is not
set to stand-by mode)
No more green flashes in 16/9 mode
Improved TopupTV CAM support

USB
Improved USB storage support (faster, more stable)
Improved configuration for the supported USB WiFi devices (including
support of spaces inside ESSID name and WEP keys)

Multimedia
Support for OGG Vorbis format added
Better management of playlists (mute TV sound, stop sound when exiting,
display cover.jpg if present, screen saver launched after a few
minutes).
Better support for ICE protocol (for Internet radios in particular)

Network
Ethernet connections fixes
Better support of FTP protocol

Interactive Services
No limit in the number of characters sent by email
MP3 support fixed when reading an email
Many browser fixes (crashes, iframe support, z-index, inlined objects,
etc.)

INFO + OK ('select') reloads a web page