X10 retrofit - part 2

  • Subject: X10 retrofit - part 2
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:45:19 -0000

Just as a follow up to my own post, I've now successfully installed my
first
X10DIN (LD11) module .. and it work !!!!

I've diverted the existing lighting circuit into the new consumer unit to
provide power LD11's (in the cupboard) and ran a length of new T&E from
the
ceiling rose back to the X10 module. This has allowed me to make the X10
connection via the ceiling rose and so I can revert back to non X10 (if I
sell the house) without lifting any floorboards etc.

The preset dim of the LD11 makes it  much better than the wall switch
module
I was using previously. Although I wish they wouldn't remember their last
dimmed level.. pain to walk into the room , hit the switch and have the
light
only come on to 20% brightness because the last time it was turned by
someone
they had dimmed it down. This mainly happens because I have the Motion
detector
turning on the light automatically (via misterhouse), but after midnight I
only
turn it on to 20% rather than full brightness.

Are there anyways of disabling the last memory dim ?

Marcus