Help Needed! Serial Communication with BT Revelation CLU

  • Subject: Help Needed! Serial Communication with BT Revelation CLU
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:45:58 +0000

Hi Guys,

I wonder if any of you can offer some advice on the following problem.

I have a BT revelation in which I have installed a call logger unit. The
CLU
has a serial (male) 9 pin output. The BT manual quotes 1200 baud 8 bits no
parity but little else in the way of help. I can see a volatge(12v or so)
between pins 2 and 3.

I have so far failed to get anything from the unit. I am assuming I need to
use a null modem cable to attach to pc. I have tried hyperterminal and a
shareware serial port monitor utility but to no avail.

Any ideas anyone ? - I have no idea if it implements handshaking by the
way.

I'm not even sure it its sending anything. Other than the CLU the
revelation
works perfectly.

Chris