After a 1K resistor and LED

  • Subject: After a 1K resistor and LED
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:01:59 +0000

I want to add an LED , and mount it in the magnetic door sensor that's
wired back into the alarm (Comfort). The missus likes to open the back
door which is not an entry point and set off the alarm.

So, I'd like an LED which lights up when the system is armed. I'm told a
12v LED with a 1K resistor will do the trick, and i have 3 spare pairs
going to the mag so I can wire those directly into Comfort's 12v output.

Any bright electro spark out there know if this will do the trick ?
http://maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35782&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=&doy=2m11

Seems to indicate it has a resistor built in ??

Thanks !

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx