Re: Water Transportation

  • Subject: Re: Water Transportation
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:01:58 +0100

In article <1083083312.1110.85.camel@xxxxxxx>, Stuart
Poulton wrote:
> Does anyone know of a source of 25Litre containers suitable for the
> transportation of water, these must be of food preparation standard.

I bought four from a local market for £1 each. If you're anywhere near
Leeds you can borrow them.

> For those interested I need to move ~100 Litres of fish tank water, so
> far the most creative suggestion from an office mate has been a long
> piece of hose.

When I have had to move tanks only a few feet this is what I've done.
The water is syphoned into a BIG water butt until there is just enough
left for the fish. After the tanks are moved the water is pumped back
into the tanks (pond pump) with me having 4x25l on standby as, 1) The
butt isn't quite big enough, 2) I don't want to have to use dirty water
from the bottom.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire