Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: [ukha_d] How to spend £5,000

Trains are rubbish close to London no matter which side you live.  I have a
friend who live in Harpenden (or South Luton as he calls it, to wind up the
other inhabitants!).  He has to take Thameslink into London, which takes
around 30 minutes - he usually has to stand and even if he gets a seat they
are very uncomfortable.  I live 20 minutes further up the same line, but I
have an intercity service with comfortable trains and reserved seats.  The
houses also cost less than half the price of those in Harpenden.

So, my advice is don't discount north of London, or areas that seem a long
way out - it's worth checking the rail timetable first!

Mal